ABOUT NRDC INDIA
NRDC India Private Limited is an independent organization based in New Delhi founded to build a healthier and more prosperous future for all Indians.
To attain a healthier and more prosperous future, NRDC India and its partners work with governments and stakeholders at all levels to deliver transformative solutions across the organization’s focus areas. The approach is to collaborate on pilot projects that offer the potential for tangible environmental and public health benefits. NRDC India has a strong proof of concept to bring solutions to scale at the state level – with the goal of informing national policies and unlocking the public investments needed to implement them.
NRDC India also partners alongside Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) in the United States, a non-profit environmental advocacy organization. NRDC was founded in 1970 and their people helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act and many of the implementing regulations. NRDC uses law, science, and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure the rights of all people to clean air, clean water, and healthy communities. In India for over 10 years now, NRDC has been a thought leader and trusted adviser to the partners within the country to tackle climate change and implement energy solution. Since 2009, the India Initiative has combined scientific research and policy acumen to produce game-changing results.
|Reports to||Country Director|
|Amount of Travel Required||10%|
NRDC India is seeking an Operations Specialist to work closely with its Country Director to ensure smooth operations of the office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Work closely with the Country Director and other team members to create, implement, and manage systems and processes for tracking YTD spending in alignment with annual budget and prioritization budget allocation.
- Serve as the point person for coordination of all finance and operations processes and questions including contracts, invoices, and reports.
- Support the Country Director in the annual budget proposal process including assisting with finance requirements and preparing the budget proposal.
- Partner cross-collaboratively with NRDC’s Finance team and NRDC India’s third-party vendors on NRDC India’s monthly compliance filings and yearly audit.
- Work closely with the Country Director to create and implement process improvements for operational efficiency across the organization.
- Coordinate with NRDC’s Legal Counsel and NRDC India’s outside counsel to ensure local vendor contracts, other grant related contracts, and statements of work are in place and compliant.
- In coordination with the relevant team managers, work with Human Resources on supporting and improving new hire workflows.
- Coordinate cross collaboratively with NRDC’s IT department on compliance and security requirements within the NRDC India office.
- Coordinate cross collaboratively with NRDC’s Workplace Strategy department to implement processes and coordination on daily operations, contracted vendors, preventative maintenance, and overall building management within the NRDC India office.
- Undertake special projects at the direction of the Country Director.
The above list of duties is not comprehensive but generally demonstrates the types of matters under the position’s responsibility. Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience, with at least 4 years of experience directly related to operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, project management, operations management, or a related discipline preferred, or equivalent combination of education and or work experience.
- Experience working with budgets and finances
Skills, Abilities, Competencies
- Ability to participate in teams that work collaboratively towards shared outcomes.
- Ability to maintain collaborative relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to contribute to a positive working environment.
- A proactive self-starter who drives work to completion.
- A demonstrated ability to synthesize technical information and communicate to non-expert audiences.
- Able to work independently and on quick timelines, managing multiple workstreams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience providing administrative or other logistical support.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, detail, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Commitment to NRDC India’s mission, values, and DEI principles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position successfully. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position within the described work environment.
Perform desk-based computer tasks
Ability to interact and communicate with employees and others as necessary
Attend planned meetings and collaborate with management and coworkers
Ability to attend events and activities in the office or offsite
Work is sometimes performed primarily in the office. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office settings and moderate in other situations. Hours of employment may sometimes require working flexible and/or longer hours, including nights and weekends, when necessitated by projects. The jobincludes work-related situations such as those involving challenging, important, urgent, time-sensitive, or multiple matters.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and NRDC India expressly reserves the right to change this position description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as NRDC India may deem appropriate.
Please send your latest curriculum vitae, three references and a covering letter explaining your interest in the position and working with NRDC India at email@example.com. Kindly send your application no later than 10thNovember 2023. Please include ‘Application for position of Operations Specialist’ in the subject line of the email.