NRDC India Private Limited is an independent organization based in New Delhi founded to build a healthier and more prosperous future for all Indians.
To attain a healthier and more prosperous future, NRDC India and its partners work with governments and stakeholders at all levels to deliver transformative solutions across the organization’s focus areas. The approach is to collaborate on pilot projects that offer the potential for tangible environmental and public health benefits. NRDC India has a strong proof of concept to bring solutions to scale at the state level – with the goal of informing national policies and unlocking the public investments needed to implement them.
NRDC India also partners alongside Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) in the United States, a non-profit environmental advocacy organization. NRDC was founded in 1970 and their people helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act and many of the implementing regulations. NRDC uses law, science, and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure the rights of all people to clean air, clean water, and healthy communities. In India for over 10 years now, NRDC has been a thought leader and trusted adviser to the partners within the country to tackle climate change and implement energy solution. Since 2009, the India Initiative has combined scientific research and policy acumen to produce game-changing results.
|Designation||Electric Mobility Specialist|
|Reports To||Country Director|
|Amount of Travel Required||10%|
NRDC India is hiring a Specialist – Electric Mobility who will play an active role in advancing our work on electric mobility and clean transportation domain in India.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Conduct in-depth research on various aspects of clean transportation including technology trends, market dynamics, policy frameworks, infrastructure requirements, and socio-economic impacts of electric mobility
- Prepare clear and concise research reports, policy briefs, whitepapers, and presentations summarizing research findings and policy recommendations.
- Engage with industry stakeholders, academia, government officials, academia, peer research organizations, think tanks, financiers and other stakeholders to support evidence-based policy formulation on electric mobility within the broader sustainable-transportation ecosystem.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, partners to ensure project milestones are met in a time bound manner
- Media, business, and government outreach
- Work with internal & external stakeholders on effective dissemination & outreach strategies
- Support team activities including project implementation, planning and work area expansion strategies
- Participate in workshops, conferences, and seminars to present research findings and contribute to discussions on electric mobility.
- Stay updated with the latest developments in electric mobility, technological advancements, and policy changes, both nationally and internationally.
The above list of duties is not comprehensive but generally demonstrates the types of matters under the position’s responsibility. Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Education & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of vehicle electrification and clean transportation in India
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study such as energy systems, transportation engineering, engineering, environmental studies, public policy, economics, energy, or other related fields. Prior work or understanding on electric mobility will be preferred. Masters degree in any of the above fields is a plus.
- Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to gather, synthesize, and interpret data from various sources.
- Knowledge of policies and programs related to: vehicle and fleet electrification, EV charging infrastructure, electric vehicle education and outreach programs, vehicle incentive programs, dealer engagement, EV market transformation or other related.
- Relevant network among key electric vehicle stakeholders
- Commitment to NRDC’s mission and values.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies
- Knowledge of the Indian political system, economic structures, and socio-cultural landscape
- Ability to travel locally/internationally and work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
- Ability to participate in teams that work collaboratively towards shared outcomes (including remote teams using collaborative software)
- Experience with facilitating networks, coordinating and organizing events and activities is a plus
- Experience being part of large, cross-sector, multi-partner initiatives a plus
- Passion for sustainable transportation and a keen interest in contributing to policy development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position successfully. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position within the described work environment.
Perform desk-based computer tasks
Ability to interact and communicate with employees and others as necessary
Attend planned meetings and collaborate with management and coworkers
Ability to attend events and activities in the office or offsite
Work is sometimes performed primarily in the office. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office settings and moderate in other situations. Hours of employment may sometimes require working flexible and/or longer hours, including nights and weekends, when necessitated by projects. The job includes work-related situations such as those involving challenging, important, urgent, time-sensitive, or multiple matters.
NRDC India is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by National, state, or local laws.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Compensation for the Specialist – Electric Mobility role is based on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send your latest curriculum vitae and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and working with NRDC India at firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly send your application by December 3, 2023. Please include ‘Application for position of Specialist – Electric Mobility’ in the subject line of the email.