NRDC India Private Limited is an independent organization based in New Delhi founded to build a healthier and more prosperous future for all Indians.
In India for over 10 years now, NRDC India has been a thought leader and trusted adviser to the partners within the country to tackle climate change and implement energy solution. Since 2009, the India Initiative has combined scientific research and policy acumen to produce game-changing results. To attain a healthier and more prosperous future, NRDC India and its partners work with governments and stakeholders at all levels to deliver transformative solutions across the organization’s focus areas. The approach is to collaborate on pilot projects that offer the potential for tangible environmental and public health benefits. NRDC India has a strong proof of concept to bring solutions to scale at the state level – with the goal of informing national policies and unlocking the public investments needed to implement them.
NRDC India also partners alongside Natural Resources Defense Council (“NRDC”) in the United States, a non-profit environmental advocacy organization. NRDC was founded in 1970 and their people helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act and many of the implementing regulations. NRDC uses law, science, and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure the rights of all people to clean air, clean water, and healthy communities.
|Consultant, Electric Mobility
NRDC India is seeking a Consultant to work closely with the Electric Mobility team
- Conduct in-depth research on various aspects of clean transportation including technology trends, market dynamics, policy frameworks, infrastructure requirements, and socio-economic impacts of electric mobility
- Prepare clear and concise research reports, policy briefs, whitepapers, and presentations summarizing research findings and policy recommendations.
- Engage with industry, academia, government officials, peer research organizations, think tanks, financiers, and other stakeholders to support evidence-based policy formulation on electric mobility within the broader sustainable-transportation ecosystem
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, partners to ensure project milestones are met in a time bound manner.
- Work with internal & external stakeholders on effective dissemination & outreach strategies
- Support team activities including project implementation, planning and work area expansion strategies
- Participate in workshops, conferences, and seminars to present research findings and contribute to discussions on electric mobility
- Stay updated with the latest developments in electric mobility, technological advancements, and policy changes, both nationally and internationally
- Undertake additional work as required by the NRDC India team
- Occasional travel within India
- Masters in Energy / Economics / Urban planning / Transport
- Two to four years of experience of working on transportation
- Prior experience of working on electric mobility is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative, manage complex workloads and deliver outputs to agreed deadlines
- Have a high level of drive and energy and a commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated innovative problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects spread across various geographies and interacting with multiple stakeholders
- Team player, comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment and cross cutting thematic areas
- Ability to work under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability in multitasking and working against tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in one another Indian language is a plus
Interested candidates should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th November 2023. Please include Application for Consultant, Electric Mobility in the subject line.